Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Kalama River Ride / 14 Pace / 1,900' / 40 mi / RL Joe Cote / 10am
Length: 40 miles
Pace: 14 mph
Terrain: Moderate except for hill at midpoint of ride - which you can skip
Elevation: 1,900 feet
Ride Type: Non-Group
Cancelation Guidelines: Rain / Temps < 40F / Lightening / Wind > 10 mph
This is a scenic ride along the Kalama River. It is an out and back, non-group ride. So you can go your own pace and distance. The ride leader plans on riding 40 miles at a 14mph pace on the flats, much slower on the hills. We will regroup at the top of hills and other places for those keeping pace. For those wanting more distance, you can add an extra 40 miles by going out Rose Valley Rd along the Coweeman River.
Start is at 10am from the Port of Kalama Marine Park.
Faster or slower riders are welcome - but you're on your own.
Registration is required and almost always free to both members and non-members. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to register for this event.
Route Map RWGPS Kalama River Ride
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to be a part of the announcements and safety briefing.
- Riders are expected to have read the Safe Riding Policy and be familiar with the Ride Style Definitions.
- Please direct questions to the ride leader or Road Captain.
- Helmets are required. Lights (front and rear), RoadIDs and cell phones are recommended.
- Remember - we want to be awesome representatives for cycling and spread a love for our great sport locally by obeying all traffic laws and riding in a safe and courteous manner. Ride safely and have fun!
Saturday, October 07, 2023, 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada) (UTC-08:00)
Port of Kalama Marine Park
Registration is required
Online registration is required, so please register.
Registration cancellations will be accepted