Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Flatter than Flat Dike Road Ramble / 15-18 mph / 100' / 20 mi / RL Devin / 3PM / WOODLAND
Length: 20 miles (option for 14)
Pace: 15 to 18 mph (based on attendees)
Terrain: Flatter than Flat
Elevation: >100 feet (flat)
Ride Type: Groupie (what does that mean?)
Cancelation Guidelines: Armageddon / Great Flood / EF5 tornado
Flatter Than Flat Dike Road Ramble - we'll ride 20 miles (option to do 14)
Nothing but flats. Rain and wind DO NOT cancel the ride. In fact, they only encourage us more! Pace dependent on attendees. :).
Hate hills? Excellent - there are no hills. Hate cars? Perfect - very few cars out there. No whining about wind - there is usually wind out there. Ride the FLATTEST and most CAR-FREE ride on the calendar! We're not all FAST (yet), but we are all FLAT (always).
Want to ride multiple loops - feel free - that would get you 35 to 40 (depending on how many times you take the dead ends). Friday Fast Riders - I'm talking to you! :)
Want others . . . email me!
RWGPS 15 mile ride
RWGPS 20 mile ride
- Please park in the Portco Packaging (211 Fifth Street, Woodland, WA 98674) parking lot (far NORTH END ONLY PLEASE!). Note: turn left on 5th Street from Davidson; look for the entrance on the right and turn into the lot. Turn right again and drive to the north end parking beyond the yellow fire hydrant.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to be ready to ride at 3 pm SHARP (we won't wait).
- Riders are expected to have read the Safe Riding Policy be familiar with the Ride Style Definitions and be willing to ride Only Flats for a day.
- Helmets are helpful (required). Lights are bright (usually). RoadIDs are cool (get one). Mobile phones are unnecessary to mention because even your grandma has one of those (bring it).
- Make sure your bike has both wheels (it's a long walk back). Riders must be unable to maintain 22 mph on steep hills. Please TALK to the ride leaders. He (Devin) and She (Jan) are SOCIAL.
- Remember - we want to be awesome representatives for cycling and spread a love for our great sport locally by obeying all traffic laws and riding in a safe and courteous manner. Ride safely and have fun!
Ride FLAT and pet the CAT!
Why is he saying that?
What does that even mean?!?
Come find out :)
Tuesday, August 09, 2022, 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
211 Fifth Street
Woodland, WA 98674
MULTIPLE PACE / GROUP Ride
Registration is required
Online registration is required.
Registration cancellations will be accepted