Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Food Bank Transport - RL Sally Butts / 3:15PM (Vancouver)
Length: 6ish miles
Ride Type: Group
Cancelation Guidelines: The usual: ice / snow / wind / heavy rain
Use your bike to help others!
Registration is required and almost always free to both members and non-members. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to register for this event.
Every Sunday during the Vancouver Farmers Market, the Clark County Food Bank picks up excess food and delivers it to local agencies.. They're intentionally connecting food without a home...to a home without food. This ride will do just that! You get to be part of it!
That's right. Come and meet us at the Bike Clark County Headquarters on Main St and 16th. (easy parking in the back) We will meet in the parking lot and depart from there.
How can you be prepared?
- Bring your trailer, panniers or backpacks. Anything is acceptable to haul food.
- If you have a VBC jersey, wear it! It's our privilege to represent our club to the community.
- Be ready for a group ride that is NOT focused on speed or distance.
- Our focus is on serving the community and being a part of making a difference - using our bikes!
- Significant effort will be made to keep the group together. (i.e. waiting to re-group after stoplights, if needed)
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be ready to depart at 3:15pm. We're on a timeline and we want to serve our recipients well.
This ride will happen the following Sundays:
June 12, 26
July 10, 24
August 7, 28
September 11, 25
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to be a part of the announcements and safety briefing.
- Riders are expected to have read the Safe Riding Policy and be familiar with the Ride Style Definitions.
- Please direct questions to the ride leader or Road Captain.
- Helmets are required. Lights (front and rear), RoadIDs and cell phones are recommended.
- Remember - we want to be awesome representatives for cycling and spread a love for our great sport locally by obeying all traffic laws and riding in a safe and courteous manner. Ride safely and have fun!
Sunday, August 7, 2022, 3:15 PM
Bike Clark County
(meet in the parking lot behind the store)
1604 Main St
Vancouver, WA 98660
Road Cycling 101 suitable, short/slow/flat
Registration is required
Online registration is required, so please register.
Registration cancellations will be accepted