The usual: ice / snow / wind / heavy rain
Use your bike to help others!
Every Sunday during the Vancouver Farmers Market, the Clark County Food Bank picks up excess food and delivers it to local agencies.. They're intentionally connecting food without a home...to a home without food. This ride will do just that! You get to be part of it!
That's right. Come and meet us at the Bike Clark County Headquarters on Main St and 16th. (easy parking in the back) We will meet in the parking lot and depart from there.
How can you be prepared?
- Bring your trailer, panniers or backpacks. Anything is acceptable to haul food.
- If you have a VBC jersey, wear it! It's our privilege to represent our club to the community.
- Be ready for a group ride that is NOT focused on speed or distance.
- Our focus is on serving the community and being a part of making a difference - using our bikes!
- Significant effort will be made to keep the group together. (i.e. waiting to re-group after stoplights, if needed)
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be ready to depart at 3:15pm. We're on a timeline and we want to serve our recipients well.
This ride will happen the following Sundays:
- July 11 and 25
- August 8 and 22
- September 5 and 26
Please arrive 15 minutes early to be a part of the announcements and safety briefing. Riders are expected to have read the Safe Riding Policyand be familiar with the Ride Style Definitions. Please direct questions to the ride leader or Road Captain. Helmets are required. Lights (front and rear), RoadIDs and cell phones are recommended.
Please make sure to print a ride cue sheet or download to your device. Maps are not provided.
Make sure your bike is in good working order. Riders should be able to maintain the stated pace. Please communicate with the leader if you decide to go off route or not return to the start.
Remember - we want to be awesome representatives for cycling and spread a love for our great sport locally by obeying all traffic laws and riding in a safe and courteous manner.Ride safely and have fun!
View ALL Ride Cue Sheets