Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Tour de Friends / 12 Pace / 500' / 24 mi / RL John Ost / 10AM
Length: 24 miles
Elevation: 500 feet
Ride Type: Group
Cancelation Guidelines: Rain/Snow / Ice / Thunderstorms / Wind > 25 mph
Ride east through neighborhoods to QFC on 192nd for about 10 miles. After 5-to-10-minute break ride about 10 miles to Seize the Bagel for 20-to-30-minute break. Then ride about 5 miles through neighborhoods back to Tower Mall. Riders may leave ride at any time. Please let ride leader know. Social Pace.
May change start time depending on weather forecast. General guidelines are start temperature of 42 degrees and probability of rain during ride of less than 20%. Alternate start time will be 1pm if the forecast meets the above criteria and the original start time does not. If neither start time has a good weather forecast ride will be cancelled. Decision will be based on 8am weather report on day of ride.
For any updates, you're welcome to text the ride leader: 503-367-4183
This route varies, but is basically an eastbound route along mostly low-traffic streets. Mileage varies with the weather and mood of the leader and group.
All registered riders are welcome and may depart at any time to ride their own pace and distance; please let the ride leader know if you leave the group. We regroup at specified locations.
Registration is required and almost always free to both members and non-members. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to register for this event.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to be a part of the announcements and safety briefing.
- Riders are expected to have read the Safe Riding Policy and be familiar with the Ride Style Definitions.
- Please direct questions to the ride leader or Road Captain.
- Helmets are required. Lights (front and rear), RoadIDs and cell phones are recommended.
- Remember - we want to be awesome representatives for cycling and spread a love for our great sport locally by obeying all traffic laws and riding in a safe and courteous manner. Ride safely and have fun!
Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 10:00 AM
Parking lot at the corner of Divine and MacArthur (next to McLoughlin Middle School across from Duck
5802 MacArthur Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98661
14 mph ride suitable for Rd Cycling 201
Registration is required
Online registration is required, so please register.
Registration cancellations will be accepted